Monday 24 November 2014

Evalutation Final

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
My product uses conventions of real media products. In my music video I use a lot of shots that feature my actress, this comes from Dyer's theory of star image where the star of the video is shown the most to show that they are the centre of attention as well as showing off their talents, which in my video, is singing.I also challenge these conventions by not using a narative in my video, few professional music videos feature a narrative in their video so challenging this in my video would make the video stand out from the rest. 
In my video I had my actress dress similar to Lorde which is kind of an indie style look to her featuring articles of clothing such as button up shirts and chokers which a lot of people wear currently therefore this would attract that type of audience which is teenage girls around 16-18 years old who would usually listen to Indie pop music such as Lorde and Lana Del Rey therefore targeting this audience was necessary during the production of my video.
How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts? 
I used Lorde's song 'Bravado' for my final product, since I used Lorde for this I looked at a lot of artists advertisements/digipaks who are in a similar genre to Lorde (indie/electro pop) as inspiration. A lot of these artists use very simple advertisements for their products. When designing my digipak, one of the digipaks I looked at was Lorde's 'Pure Heronine' album, I used a similar font to what she used on her album. I think that this is affective because a lot of Indie artists seem to use the simplistic look to their digipak/advertisements therefore I am following conventions.
What have you learned from your audience feedback? 
From my feedback I've learned that I should include a variety of shots in my video of my actress and possibly add some insert shots into the video to give it more variety so that people will continue to watch the video. Some good points was that people who watched my video said that I had synced it up well throughout the entire video which is a positive point about the video.
How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? 
I used new media technologies in my construction, research, planning and evaluation stage by using the internet for example to research different artists and looking at their work to get some inspiration for my own project, this included looked at artists from various genres for example I looked at people such as Lorde and Lana Del Rey as well as looking at rock artists such as We Are The In Crowd and Tonight Alive. I also used 

No comments:

Post a Comment